“Regulation 15” is the name given by Government legislation to the point in time… “Where a qualifying body [Battle Town Council] submits a plan proposal or a modification proposal to the local planning authority [Rother District Council]“.
The plan was adopted by Battle Town Council on 17/11/2020, and the documents shown below were sent to Rother District Council on 19/11/2020.
The Regulation 16 consultation run by Rother District Council is open from 04/12/2020 until 4:30pm on 29/01/2021.
The steering group wrote an Executive Summary of the Plan. It’s primary purpose was to help Battle Town Councillors to digest the various Plan documents, but you may also find it useful.
The Regulation 15 submission documentation
- Battle CP NP Reg15 Submission plan 2020-11-18
- Battle CP NP Reg15 Strategic Environmental Assessment 2020-11-10
- Battle CP NP Basic Conditions statement 2020-11-10
- Battle CP NP Reg15 Consultation Statement 2020-11-10 including the following four appendices:
Key Evidence base documents
- Action in Rural Sussex 2016 Parish Survey (AiRS)
- AECOM Site Assessments
- Battle CP Local Heritage List. (Full text)
- Battle CP Analysis Study
- Battle CP Green Gap Analysis
- Battle CP Local Green Spaces analysis
- Battle CP Heritage Charter
- Battle CP Young Persons Survey 2019
- Battle Conservation Area Appraisal 2006
- Battle Call for Sites for Retail and Employment 2020
- Battle Town Study 2011
- Battle Observer regular monthly articles
- Communication Strategy
- Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations (UK)
- Community Infrastructure Levy (Rother)
- Development and Site Allocations (DaSA) Strategic Gap Background Paper (Rother District Council) March 2016
- East Sussex County Council Parking Standards for Development 2017
- East Sussex Historic Environmental Records (ESHER) 2020
- Feedback from 2017 consultation “Have your say”
- Feedback from 2019 consultation
- Green Infrastructure Study 2018
- Heritage Trails
- Historic England – Listed Buildings
- The High Weald Housing Design Guide
- Preferred Sites List
- Preferred Sites Maps
- South East Water resources management plans 2020-2080
- Sussex Biodiversity record centre information
- The Assets of Community Value (England) Regulations 2012
- The High Weald AONB Management Plan (2019 – 2024)
- Updated Strategic Gap Paper (Rother District Council) July 2019
- Battle Conservation Area Map (Rother District Council) May 2012
What happens after Regulation 15?
The Plan has now been adopted by Battle Town Council, they have sent the Plan to Rother District Council, and Rother District Council have now started their own Regulation 16 public consultation. The Regulation 16 process includes publicising the plan for a minimum of 6 weeks (8 weeks in our case due to Covid restrictions), inviting representations, notifying any consultation body referred to in the consultation statement, and finally sending the draft neighbourhood plan for independent examination. After a successful examination, Rother District Council will organise a public referendum where eligible people living in the Battle Civil Parish can vote on whether to accept the Plan or not.